I'm getting behind. It's been several months since I really posted so I'm going to give you a bunch at once. Hope you enjoyed the "I'm Rubber" posting. I really connected with the visual. I'm going to print the photo with the caption "Be the Hoppity-hop". I realize that I have failed to document one of the most significant events of a mother's life. Kindergarten. It all started on Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 9:00 am. My first child is now in Kindergarten. I didn't cry about it on the day. I cried about it the night of Calla's 5th birthday party. I was overcome with a feeling and understanding that she would never be young again and after Kindergarten comes first grade and after first grade, second. We're on the roller coaster now and won't get of for another 12 years. Woa.
I'm actually really excited for her to meet new friends and discover new abilities. She is such a close companion to me and I remember really settling in with school and feeling quite comfortable there, at least academically. I hope she'll have a bit more social success than I. My greatest hope is that she will remember who she is. Her integrity will give her confidence and protect her from embracing incorrect and unrighteous principles. I hope she will be full of kindness and seek to include those who are not so secure and happy and blessed as she and bring others into the light. I hope she will seek learning and enjoy study. I hope she will always be mine.
The bus ride has been a bit of a stretch as it adds a half hour at the end of her half day (9:00 - 11:40 am). We'll see if she starts getting used to it. It has been convenient for me not to have to drive her or walk her all the way to school, but I worry about having a 5 year old on the bus when she could be home with me. Overly protective? The second day out she told me she didn't want to ride the bus home because she was too tired, so I jogged 7 minutes to her school (because we were late trying to accommodate something for Belle). I come up to her in the bus line out of breath and sweating. What does she say with a scrunched up nose? "Mom, you're not supposed to be here! I'm going on the bus." Okay, I'll see you at home. E
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment