Sunday, September 20, 2009

God Gave us Families

"God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be." This is a truth I have discovered as a wife and mother. This line comes from one of our primary songs which was the theme song of our primary program this year, "My Eternal Family." We performed it today with a great spirit. I tried not to let the stress anxiety get in the way and it worked. I focused on only praising positively and I could see the light in the return smiles as the kids sang and happily followed my directions. We sang 8 songs and I love them all:

God Gave Us Families
How Firm a Foundation
My Eternal Family
I Feel My Savior's Love
Baptism
I'll Seek the Lord Early
He Sent His Son
Families Can Be Together Forever

Dave and I sang solos on the opening song that outlines the fathers and mothers roles and opportunities to serve in the family. What a blessing to teach our children gospel truths through music and example. I hope they will remember it forever.

Our Father has a family It's me, it's you,
all others too. We are his children.
He sent each one of us to Earth, through birth,
to live and learn here in families.

Chorus:
God Gave us Families
to help us become what he wants us to be.
This is how he shares his love,
for the family is of God.

A father's place is to preside, provide,
to love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in family prayer to share
their love for Father in Heaven.

Chorus

A mother's purpose is to care, prepare,
to nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
to love and serve in the family.

Chorus

I'll love and serve my family and be
a good example to each family member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I'll help my family remember.

God Gave us Families
to help us become what he wants us to be.
This is how he shares his love,
for the family is of God.


It makes perfect sense to me that as we our whole through our family relationships, our Father in Heaven would allows those relationships to continue after death. It truly would be hell to be far from Father without my family. E

No comments: