Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yard Work

I'm trying not to get too compulsive about my yard this summer as we are living 15 minutes away! I spent all last summer and the summer before revamping the flower beds out front and Dave heroically installed the sprinklers and sod in the back last summer. The front is still on manual so we have hired a neighbor boy to water twice a week and we hit it on Friday when we mow the lawn. Not ideal, but better than no grass at all. I took some pictures this spring of the beds, email me any suggestions for planting. I have tons of ideas, but limited funds. Wo is me! I did go ahead and invest in a beautiful Wine and Roses shrub. I've been wanting it for over a year and I figured a small $9.99 starter wouldn't break the bank. We'll see. I planted it on the North East border.




Other favorites I am saving up for: Mimosa Trees for the back yard, good shade, unique and pretty look. Ivory Silk Lilac Trees for the front parking strip. Hakuro Willow or Weeping Willow Tree for the front corner, and oh yes Peonies. Maybe pale pink mixed with pale yellow columbines like my mom's garden. Makes a pretty vase arrangement and will do well in the shade which I have plenty of in the front.




No comments: