Thursday, June 4, 2009
9 Ibs
What a relief that Daphne is actually nursing and gaining. I have been quite insecure about this since my struggles with Isabel, but it looks like Daphne is going to pull through with some learned vigilance on my part. It took about three weeks for my milk really to come in and feel adequate and feel like Daphne would take things into her own hands. Up to this point she has sleepily and peacefully left it up to me to make sure she was nursing every 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I have been committed to a good go of nursing so even though I've been a bit tired and people may think a bit over zealous, I think it's paid off. Daphne weighed in at 9 Ibs at just over three weeks. She weighed 8 Ibs 2 oz at birth so I think we're in the money. Love to you. E.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She is so beautiful. And the photo of her with her "crown" is priceless! We love you all!!!
Post a Comment