Friday, February 13, 2009

Simple Pleasures

My blogs are all pretty philosophical so I thought it might be nice to lighten things up a bit. As I review my friends blogs, I notice how fun they are to read, short and sweet, lots of pics and happy thoughts. So here goes. Today was a great day. I'm tired because I'm 7 months pregnant, but I have to say it was a successful day and that I earned an "A" as wife and mother.

We started early with family prayer, got everybody breakfast and helped Dad clean the car until he got a little frustrated with Calla and Isabel climbing all over the seats he was trying to vacuum. We came inside and got warm and let him finish in peace.


On to the life-size doll house extravaganza. We had to replace a vanity in our house to get it ready for renters. (Oh I forgot to post we've moved and we're renting our house out while we house sit for my parents while they're away for 18 months. This is what happens over two months. Sorry for not keeping up to date. Read about it in your Valentine which I sent you this week.) Anyway, the vanity box had a great window shaped rectangle in it and it inspired Calla to recycle. We've done this before with our jumbo diaper boxes, but we've only made doll-size houses before. Today we took the counter top box and went through a roll of moving tape, used some of our moving boxes and wala! (sp?) We officially have completed Calla's vision. It was a labor of love but she seems to be pleased with it, flower box out the window and all. She was a good helper, holding the walls in place while I taped.



Isabel napped through most of the project, but was somehow at some point able to find her way to our dresser drawer which she loves. There she finds deoderant, perfume, jewelry, and her very favorite chapstick. I know it's her favorite because she walks around with it, with the lid off, sucking it and saying, "Mm. Nummy." Yesterday she finished off a fruity Blistex ministick. Today she was starting into my favorite, peppermint Chapstick. Luckily I heard the "Nummy" in time and was able to give her something else to chew on. This was the simple pleasure I deliberately found today. It made me smile. I love to hear Isabel expressing herself.


Happy news. We think we've leased our house out. Our future tenants signed a lease today and put down the necessary deposits. They will move in on Saturday. Hope they enjoy the fun backyard and not so fun kitchen. We might have to modify that a bit later to keep them happy. Love to you. E

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hope that you got pictures of the play house. I bet Calla loved it!